Catherine: Hello Readers, Writers, everyone. Today we have author Andris Bear joining us to tell us a bit about her paranormal fiction (with angels) Angel Unborn. It is part of a series by the way. Thank you Andris for being here, it is an honor to be able to interview you.
Andris: Hi Catherine! Thanks so much for having me.
- Tell us a bit about Angel Unborn.
Angel Unborn is a paranormal romance about a woman, Joey Benton, who thinks her life is falling apart when, in reality, it’s finally coming together. Her assigned protector is even less enthused about their pairing than she is, and she fights him at every turn, but destiny will not be denied. And hers is to stand in defense of humanity against the darkest being ever created.
- Who is your favorite character from the first book?
Hmmm, that’s a hard one—I have so many for so many different reasons. If I had to choose just one, I’d say Devi, the Angel of Destiny. She is meddlesome, conniving, and half crazy. Not to mention the life of the party. She is a lot of fun to write.
- What can’t that character live without?
Purpose. Her greatest satisfaction comes from a soul meeting its destiny, and she will manipulate whoever and whatever to make sure that happens. Whether said soul likes it or not.
- What do you love most about being an author?
I love the creativity and the fact that only I can bring these stories to life as they are in my head—there is no right or wrong, just what comes out on the page. It’s freeing to create worlds and characters and guide them to their fate. But the best part is sharing my stories with others and hearing from them that they loved them. That anyone else loves my characters as much as I do is such a joy.
- What do you dislike most about being an author?
I’m a control freak. Lol. I have writer friends who can write a full length novel in two months—it takes me eight months to a year because it must be just right! I stress and fret over every stinking detail that it’s a miracle I haven’t given myself a stroke yet.
- What is the most important piece of advice you have for other writers and authors?
I don’t have to follow my own advice, do I? Because I’m not good at that. Lol. I think the best advice is to give up control (See?! Can’t do it!) and take it one step at a time. All the details that seem overwhelming at the beginning will fall in line little by little, and the next thing you know, it’s a done deal. And then you can have a nice, stiff drink.
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
I’d love to see Scotland and The Vatican, but I’m a homebody, so the idea of putting on a bra and pants to leave the house holds little appeal to me. I know, I know, I’m terrible!
- What is your favorite TV show or movie?
My favorite TV show would have to be Supernatural because Dean. Just Dean. I love me some him. My favorite movie is Clue. Tim Curry makes me happy on every level.
- How can readers get their hands on your book(s)?
All of my books are available across all major e-book retailers (Amazon, iBooks, Barnes and Noble, Google Play, and Kobo), and the first in my Deadly Sins, Angel Unborn, is free, so you can try it without risk.
- I hope you folks caught that – her first book is free. Did you know, many of the authors featured on this blog have free works to introduce you to their story? Andris, what is the best way for folks to get in touch with you?
- Do you ever have moments of self-doubt or novel-doubt?
Only with every breath. 😉
- If you could go back in time and meet anyone, who would it be?
Lucille Ball. She was strong, classy, and determined. She was beautiful, but I love that she was admired for her work ethic and willingness to make people laugh, often at her own expense.
- Is there anything you would like to add?
Other than thank you for having me, nope!
Well thank you for your time Andris and hope future readers will pick up your books, all of them. Right now!